Friday, May 21, 2010

The Spider and the Fly.

Naively I thought it would be so easy. Build a website from scratch, just the way I want, how I want.

Although, I’m not of the "text-now" generation, I know a few things. Hell, I still remember programming in machine language (1000110010100001...) so I thought, well how hard can it be?

So I started. OK, I can learn HTML. At the end of which, I found out that I had to also learn CSS, and after that XHTML (Extensible what??!), followed by JavaScript. To a smaller and larger degree, I did all that. But was is Joomla?

And I did put together a website that worked on my computer. So then, I rented myself space, loaded it, and there I was--on my own WEB.

"Come in. Come in," said the spider to the fly, who was just surfing by, "Look at my attractive web. Careful, you don’t want to get stuck. But look around at all my treasures, my guilty pleasures..."

And there I’m, day in, day out, hoping someone will drop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment