Monday, December 31, 2012

The patience of blogs

It seems that of late my only concern here has been the sorry state of my blog. It's much like the outskirts of Detroit, full of crumbling and dilapidated buildings and abandoned properties. It's true that all my energies have gone into my books, in a concerted effort to get as many out as I could for the holidays, when people might have time to read them. So I did, and I was right. My latest book is being picked up at lightning speed in comparison to the snail's pace of my earlier releases. They are still free as I continue to promote myself and my works. I try to worm myself into the affection of a readership.


Actually the response have been generally good. I'm getting lots of 5-stars, though an occasional 1-star crops up by an anonymous spoiler, who must be on a crusade to pull down ratings. The comments are positive and heartwarming for an author, and I certainly appreciate them. Though I'm fairly confident of my writer's voice, it is still very nice to have it affirmed by those who read my words. I thank them all.

There I go again - going on about my books when I wanted to talk about my blog, or "my garden of words" as I like to think of it. In reality it's a dumping ground for my thoughts I can find no place for in my books. For me personally, it is also a mirror to reflect how I feel at the moment of writing it. It's waypoint in my emotional roadmap, sometimes up, sometimes down. Hard to see how it would interest someone else. No wonder that I had no comments for quite a while. The harvest has been poor.

Still I imagine that silent visitors pass through in the quiet of night, often furtively, look about and wonder who the hell am I.

I'm just like you! Well, not entirely. I hide behind the crowd of characters I have spawned. They speak for me more eloquently than I ever could in real life. They have become my voice.

So there we are dear blog, you listen patiently, never rejecting, always accepting the words I spun.

Paul Telegdi   still writing at www.seeWordFactory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment