Thursday, February 5, 2015

Samuel TanOaks was a boxer, a member of my family. He had a very intelligent face, ovedrawn with concern for you. And he was a worrier. He worried, morning noon and night - even when there was nothing to worry about. That never stopped him, he was creative that way, finding reasons and causes, but it was always about you, not him. He made you feel you were the center of his universe. The nicest thing about him was that family always came first, over any distraction. He always knew where you were and he made sure you knew where he was. We watched a lot of TV together, and he didn’t mind sports, news and serials. Long hours I would write, getting sunburn from solar bursts of my monitor, he be there with me, encouraging. Whenever and whatever I cooked, he be interested. He never refused a taste, and no doubt considered me a culinary artist. Me - an artist. He was always very sociable. Had to be the first to greet any guest, then would claim them for his own. With all his enthusiasm, he was irresistible. Now he is gone and the house feels empty without him. I miss him. Terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment